Friday, September 4, 2009

Baby Diet

Well, it's official...Zach has to go on a diet. He just saw the doctor for his 6 month checkup and continues to shatter the growth chart for his weight. He seemed to be WELL over the curve and continuing to go higher above instead of following the curve like the doctor had hoped. Damn my delicious milk producing boobs. He was 90% for height and 95% for head, so he is a big kid overall. Tall and fat, says the doc. Everything else looked great. I'm supposed to try to decrease the amount of cereal I give him and stick to fruits and veggies. Oh, and the being connected to my chest every three hours? Sorry, Zachman, but those days are over! We had started trying to wean him a couple of weeks ago, but think we mistook an ear infection for milk intolerance. So hopefully, we can start the formula again. I just gave him a 4 oz bottle, so keep your fingers crossed for me that he doesn't go beserk in about three hours. I'm hoping formula will stick with him a little longer and he can stop using my chest as a pacifier. I have created a monster, there is not doubt in my mind. But, he is one stinking cute monster! Ben loved his first week at preschool. I got an email from his teacher saying that he was loving, sweet and funny. I would have liked to reply, ah yes, the Ben I know BEFORE naptime is all of those things. The Ben I know who I try to get to lay down for a nap, followed by the Ben who doesn't take a nap is crabby, lippy and a pain in the a**, but I didn't of course. Seriously, I think preschool will be really good for him and me both. I am going to try to take Maddie to a Kindermusik class next week during Ben's preschool to try to give her and I some one on one time together. I think it will be something that she will enjoy. That is, if I don't have to go in for jury duty. Yep, yours truly got called to do her civic duty (AGAIN!), so look out gangstas of Waterloo--I may be deciding your fate. My plan is to take my breastpump. I figure I'll get dismissed as soon as I whip that puppy out. I'll let you all know. Gotta go make Ben stop playing with his tractors and sleep...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment