Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fireworks!

Last night we got to witness the enigma that is a three year old in true form. Jeremy's work was sponsoring some fireworks and Ben was so excited to go. The kid remembers the only other time he saw "fireworks" (Missouri style at mom and dad's last fourth of july) and all afternoon he was talking about how he was going to say "oooh" and "aaah". So we get there and he is still SO excited and it's getting to be time for them to start so he settles in his little lawn chair next to Evan and then they set off one of those big fire bombs that are now all the rage in fireworks followed by a big continuos blast of some colorful ones. Ben turns around and I thought he was laughing, but turns out he was screaming and crying. Guess they scared him. So we had to watch the show in the car and he was fine for a while, talking about all of the colors and how many were going up in the air at a time and then all of a sudden he decided he was going to cover his head with his blanket and hide. Kids are funny! Maddie on the other hand, loved the fireworks and watching them with her dad, but I am not loving post firework Maddie as she is not a very happy camper when she is tired. All morning she has been super fragile and so I was just waiting for the minute I could lay her down for her nap which was about noon. And then at 130 she started crying and I thought, oh no, you are taking at least a two hour nap, so I was letting her fuss which then woke Ben up. So, I took him some more water to have him lay back down and she is now throwing a world class fit in her room. Maybe it will tire her out enough to take another nap. I certainly don't want to hang around her right now:) But my main man Zach is just chilling on the couch with me taking a little rest of his own after a big ol' #2. Ah, to be a three month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment