Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Near Tragedy Followed by a Laugh

Okay, so I have a semi-serious topic that I hope by getting it out will help me get over it. Our family of five made their first big trip together to visit our good friends Angie and Dave in Kansas City. We arrived Thursday night and were fairly exhausted. We finally got everything unpacked, kids calmed back down and into bed ourselves around two. Ben woke up at about 4:30 and after I got him back to sleep I went to check on Zach who was sleeping in his nap nanny at the foot of our bed. I couldn't see him because he was completely covered by a comforter that Matt and I had kicked off at some point in the night. I am having a really hard time getting the image of Zach as I pulled the blanket off of him in my head. Thank God (literally) that he was still breathing and didn't appear to be any worse for the wear. He was really hot and clammy so I immediately scooped him up and woke him up so that he could get some fresh air in his lungs. He fell back asleep and woke himself up to eat about an hour later. The next morning he was smiling and didn't seem any different so I think he didn't suffer any adverse affects, but holy cow did I become a more spiritual person! I now believe with all my heart in divine intervention because if Ben wouldn't have woken up who knows what would have happened. So, anyway, I had been having bad dreams about the whole thing and we got home on Sunday and Zach gave me his first real laughs. So, I think that is his way (and God's way) of letting me know that all is okay and to try to laugh it off! Matt and I have learned now to be more vigilant of our surroundings. It is so easy to say this is our third child, we know what we are doing, we don't have to worry about anything. But really, we need to always pay attention to what we are doing. Good lesson learned. When I have more time I will write some more about our vacation...which was a lot of work but even more fun.

MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM,
MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM,
MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM. Oh, I'm sorry have I been repeating myself? I just thought you might all like a little taste of the stage Ben is in right now:)

Madilyn is REALLY coming along in her speech. She knows so many words and is starting to string them together. However, she is really dramatic! The other day she was throwing a fit and I told her that her fits don't affect me anymore, so she might as well start to throw them when it really matters. I'll be darned if she didn't just stop fitting and say "OK" in her little pixie voice and wander off to play with something else. She's pretty stinking funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment