Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We Broke Down

Okay, so again, I have REALLY been slacking. But one thing after another has been hitting the Brogan family which has slowed down my ability to sit down and write about what it is that has been preventing me from writing. Perhaps the biggest roadblock was the fact that our laptop crashed. Kind of hard to write without a computer. Then I got the mother of all mastitis infections (third one with this kid) and feeling like you have been hit by a bus, then the bus backed up and ran you over again for good measure does not make a happy blogger. But, I'm back and better than ever:) You know, with the passing of Ed Thomas last week all of these people have been issuing statements about Thomas and their relationship, etc., etc. I told Matt that no one has ever asked me to issue a statement. So, I decided I am going to issue my own statement about something, sometime, right here on my blog. I just haven't decided what yet. But enough about me, people want to know about our kids. Oh, one more thing about us. We bought a minivan. I can't believe I have succombed to peer pressure and double sliding doors, but yes, we did it. Granted, in the world of minivans, I feel that ours is cooler than most, but it is a minivan none the less. All I need is a soccer ball.

Okay, on to the kids. Ben has been regressing a bit on his potty training. I'm not sure what the deal is, but it all started this weekend in Walmart when he stood up in the cart and proceeded to pee in the aisle. It was the aisle with the potties, so maybe he was moved to action. Who knows? It could have been the crapload of water he drank too. He also is showing a real fear of loud noises. If you remember our experience with the fireworks, you kind of know what I am talking about. This weekend we took the kids to the Sturgis Falls parade and he cried at both the fire trucks and the motorcycles.

Maddie is now yelling at me from her room "up mommy, up mommy". Yep, her vocabulary is coming right along.

And Zach is as cute and as big as ever. He has his 4 month check up on Friday, so I will update everyone then. But my guess is the kid weighs at least 20 pounds. He is so happy and mellow, I don't know what I would do without him! Once we get the pictures off our laptop that crashed I will post some new ones:)

No comments:

Post a Comment