Sunday, March 14, 2010

Moustache in the House!

So, over the last few days I have been going over this blog in my head, trying to come up with actors who have awesome moustaches. The only one I could come up with is Tom Selleck. Anybody have any ideas? Why, you may ask? Well, Ben's new favorite thing to do is to take is index finger, put it over his top lip (forming a faux moustache) and say "Moustache in the Ho-use, Moustache in the Ho-use". I have no idea where he came up with this, what it means or whether or not he will grow up to crave a sweet 'stache of his own, but it is pretty freaking funny. So, I was going to try to rank him with all of the other sweet 'stache wearers (i.e. Tom Selleck), but I am drawing blanks, and since Matt and I leave for Vegas tomorrow, I figured I better get this posted.

Yes, Matt and I are taking our first vacation sans kids since having kids (so about 5 years). We are going to Vegas for a week and are both pretty excited. Tons of great people have stepped up to help take care of our kids and although I know that they won't do it as good as we do, I think it will be good for all of us. They know we are going on "vacation" and they don't seem too upset by it, but we shall see. Either way, I am having a rip-roaring/relaxing time in Vegas (those might seem like polar opposites, but trust me, I will do both).
And thank God for a beautiful pre-spring day today. Our kids had a BLAST outside reconnecting with their friends the Jeep, the scooter, and the Big Wheel. It was so great to have some fresh air and I hope it pays off with some kids that sleep in for Grandma in the morning. One thing about living in Iowa is that I think that we just may appreciate spring more than anyone else in the Continental United States. Anyway, Matt and I just finished packing (nothing like waiting till the last minute) and are going to try to grab a couple of hours of sleep before we have to get up uber-early to start our vacation. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment