Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You Stink!

You have to love the brutal honesty of a four-year old. Matt and I made it home from our vacation last Friday at about 2 am. I was so anxious to see my kids (believe it or not) that we both went into their room just to see them while they were sleeping. They looked just a tad bit bigger! We resisted waking them up and hit the sack ourselves. So, at about 530 Ben wakes up saying that his sheets are wet (aka he peed the bed). So, I get up to go help him and instead of greeting me with a sweet "oh mom, you are home, I missed you so much" as I planted a kiss on his cheek he goes "oh mom, that kind of stinks. you stink". Nice. Note to self, apparently I have to start brushing my teeth before greeting my children.

But the kids survived. Grandma Laura and Grandpa Dennis had a rough first morning as Ben woke up, discovered we had "left on an airplane" without him and he still had to go to school. He insisted that he would be staying in bed until we got home from vacation. My dad had to physically put him in his car seat and Ben was screaming and fighting so much that my dad couldn't even get the seat belt buckled and instead drove to daycare holding Ben down. He was convinced that they would be pulled over by a SWAT team before they got there and asked why they were abducting this kid or at the very least why they were being so mean to him. But, when I talked to the daycare he apparently got over it pretty quickly and it was smooth sailing from there. Maddie thought the first morning that we were gone that she would probably just go live at the farm with Grandpa for a while and didn't like it when that plan got foiled, but that was her main meltdown. So lesson learned=take more vacations!

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at how serious Ben's tone is sometimes. It's hilarious :)
    "Kristen is going to take you to Chuckie Cheese ok?"

    Ben: "I think that would be ok….actually, I'm SURE that would be ok."
    Haha..

    ReplyDelete