Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Top Ten Things I Love About Zach

Zach turned one yesterday. It is hard to believe. I clearly remember a year (and a day) ago going to the hospital being so ready (okay, way past ready) to meet our not-so-little guy. He has been our sweetest baby to date, but probably the most challenging too. He has been kind of sickly (and trust me, I know we are lucky describing the things he has had to go through as sickly...in the grand scheme of things, it hasn't been anything too terrible) and until the last couple of weeks (knock on wood) not the best sleeper. However, in honor of his birthday, I wanted to write about the top ten things I love about my Tank:
10. He is not afraid to give anyone open-mouth kisses
9. He likes to throw his weight around (just ask the little girl in the church nursery that he took out in one fell swoop in order to get the toy she was playing with)
8. He cracks himself up
7. He can walk (thank god, my lower back was really starting to protest)
6. He his going against tradition by deciding to get his two canine teeth before his front two teeth which makes his smile super cute right now (and a little vampirish)
5. He can't talk back (yet)
4. He is always happy to see me
3. He knows when he is being naughty and waits for you to watch him because he thinks it is hilarious (for instance, he knows he isn't supposed to go up the stairs, so he waits at the bottom until he sees that you are looking and then starts racing up laughing all the way)
2. He still cuddles with me cheek to cheek (who can resist that?)
1. He is all ours (until he's 18 that is and by then, I'll probably be ready to kick him out:)

It's been such a fast year! Another big event in the Brogan household last week was Maddie's first trip to Build-a-Bear where she stuffed a bear with her binkies. I wasn't really sure if she got the concept, because she just stuffed them in there and was like, what's next? And I told her again, you know you don't get those back, right? But she has really been pretty good. She whines at night and Matt and I have had to go in there a couple of times, but she has never asked for them back, so I am pretty proud of her.
Ben started in the 4/5 year old room at his "new school". He is now in the Pooh room (not to be confused with the Poop room...it kind of sounds like that when he says what room he is in). So, just when we were doing great getting dropped off, we switch things up. This will only be his third day in there, so it's not like I'm expecting miracles, but it would be nice to drop a kid off without kicking and screaming and crying. That is just not a great way to start the day. They tell me that it doesn't last long and when I pick him up he talks about all of the fun that he had, so I know he is fine, but it would be a lot better without the theatrics. He is starting to work with a speech pathologist who told me he had a lot of "sound errors", but thinks that with time he should be fine.

Anyway, somehow it is 630 and none of my kids are up yet, so I better finish getting ready before I have three kids in the bathroom with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment